What are some of your favourite activities to do to help with your mental wellbeing? Are you a physically active person or do you prefer more meditative and reflective activities? Keep an eye out for the next instalment of this series, where we talk to our CEO about her suggestions for good wellbeingTo make our Wellbeing Wednesday series more personal, we asked staff at Doctors Worldwide to share what they do to maintain their mental and physical wellbeing. This week, Georgia, one of our Project Managers, shares her favourite activities to strengthen her mental/physical health.
Georgia’s spread of wellbeing activities:
- 10-minute morning yoga to start the day, hearty breakfast, and a really good cup of coffee.
- She tries to do one type of physical activity exercise a day:
- During the week this is usually an online live workout as it's so dark in the winter months it’s hard to get outside!
- On the weekends, she does long mountain bike rides or trail runs.
- Georgia’s family lives in Canada, so she makes sure to call a sibling or her parents on the weekend for a good catch up to feel connected.
- She also tries to cook a healthy dinner each day and listens to a podcast – she says it helps her wind down and free her mind from a busy day.
“Wellbeing is so important, I think we’ve all likely been affected in some way with the pandemic. I think it’s better to focus on consistency rather than large changes/resolutions we want to do as it puts a lot of pressure on ourselves and not much gain if they are hard to maintain. It makes such a difference if we actually enjoy doing it! Having a buddy helps too, there are a lot of outdoor communities out there who welcome all levels of fitness.”
What are some of your favourite activities to do to help with your mental wellbeing? Are you a physically active person or do you prefer more meditative and reflective activities? Keep an eye out for the next instalment of this series, where we talk to our CEO about her suggestions for good wellbeing.
Make sure to share this article with your friends and family, follow us on social media (twitter, facebook, instagram, linkedin) and subscribe to our mailing list below for regular updates and campaigns.